Thank you for your interest in joining the Community Alliance for the Ethical Treatment of Youth (CAFETY). There are four ways for you to get involved and make this YOUR organization, however distant or near you wish to have us.
1) I'm Supportive at a Comfortable Distance
- NEWSLETTER and FACEBOOK: You can support us online through our facebook group or page or as a newsletter subscriber.
2) I Will Give You $$$ because I'm a Believer !
- MEMBER: You may, however, want to make more of an investement by becoming a member and obtaining the entitlements and benefits that come with active membership in our organization.
3) I'm Ready to Educate, Advocate and Empower !!
- VOLUNTEER: You may wish to take a more active role by joining our group of more active members and VOLUNTEERING for CAFETY. As a volunteer, you will be joining ranks with our dedicated group of volunteers making your mark as a contribution to our growing list of accomplishments! Click here to volunteer.
4) I'm Ready to Steer this Ship !!!
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: If you have even more time available, you may even want to run for our board of directors. As a survivor and alumni led organization, our by laws ensure adherance to this founding vision by
Becoming a Member – CAFETY offers 3 different categories of membership: Alumni/Survivor, Allies, and Organizations.
Alumni/Survivor Membership: $20 Fee - People who have spent time in residential placement.
Ally Membership: $50 Fee - Adults who have not spent time in residential placement, but who value the expertise of alumni/survivors and who want to join us to improve the lives of people in and from care.
Organizational Membership: $100 Fee. Agencies, business or organizations that support CAFETY's mission and seek opportunities to engage the expertise of individuals with residential program experience. (Please note that CAFETY has a strict policy against accepting donations from organizations that provide residential services.)
Special exemption. The board of directors will consider special exemptions for those who cannot pay the $20 membership fee due to financial hardship or difficulty or for those who have made a significant contribution to our mission and 'have submitted a request for membership'.
Ten Member Benefits - As a member you will be entitled to the following privileges:
1. Access to the member list-serve.
2. Subscription to our quarterly newsletter.
3. The ability to vote on and run for the board of directors.
4. The ability to propose changes to organizational policy, and to vote on specific policy proposals brought to the membership.
5. The ability to participate in our annual Membership Meeting
6. The ability to serve as our Treasurer and/or Secretary
7. The ability to attend and participate in our quarterly board meetings as a non-voting participant.
8. Eligibility to receive funding for travel and related expenses for our events and presentations.
9. An opportunity to work or support the work of a dedicated and diverse group of people committed to social justice.
10. Helping make the United States a safer nation for youth and ensure their rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are secured.
|< Prev||Next >|